Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Stop, Drop and Go!!!

Taking my kids to school (and picking them up for that matter) can be a challenge. It shouldn't be but it is. I don't get it. Why make something so easy so hard??? You just stop your vehicle at the proper spot. Your sweet angel opens the door and exits the vehicle, and you leave. That's it.

This is not the case at my kids' school.

I take a total of five kids to school. Four boys and a girl. Two of them belong to me. We go to our elementary school first. That drop off isn't that bad. Since I'm a bit of a rebel, I drop them off in front of the school instead of waiting in line. Things move quickly. I press a button, my van door opens, four boys spill out, the van door closes, and I'm outta there. I move on with the girl to the middle school. This is when the shit hits the fan. I don't know what's up with these people. They have tweens and teens. I've been so tempted to scream, "They don't want to talk to you!!!! Seriously, they just want to go and hang with their friends. Is that why you must sit in the line and talk with them??? Why????"  The girl I take to school has a cast on her foot. She can walk on it, but when it is raining, she needs to be dropped off closer to the school entrance. "What is so damned important that your kid is sitting in your car for five minutes??? Why must you have this conversation now??? I just want to drop her off and get the hell out of there. You are making this so much harder than it needs to be. Just go already!!!!"

Today I actually honked and came this close to flipping someone the bird. I stopped when I found out it was one of the 4th grade teachers.

Good save, Sheri!!!!

No comments: